The Commercial Bureau of the Egyptian Embassy (ECB) in Berlin is considered an essential part of the commercial service all over the world, which is one of the foremost governmental executive arm in the field of foreign economic and trade relations.
The Commercial Bureau is a component of the Ministry of Foreign Trade, he undertake It’s task by working closely with all different directorates of the Ministry and through cooperation with other specialized ministries, public & private companies in all economic sectors, chambers of commerce, chambers of industries and different business associations, ……etc.
Tasks, and duties of the commercial Bureau in Berlin are varied due to the availability of numerous potentialities in the German market in view of long term, variant and enhancement of the economic and trade relations between both friendly countries.
Developing and promoting Egyptian exports, attracting German investments especially those which are directed for export, as well as, introducing and activating new proposals, which would help eventually to realize the Egyptian government objectives in the economic & commercial fields, are among the basic multidimensional objectives of this Bureau.
The role of the Commercial Bureau can be illustrated in four primary areas:
- Development of foreign trade with special emphasis on promoting Egyptian exports through;
- Organizing trade missions from Germany to Egypt, and vice versa.
- Provide necessary assistance for the Egyptian companies to make their participation in fairs held in Germany fruitful & successful.
- Enhance trade & economic ties between business organizations and associations in both countries through creating renewable channels of communications
- Support Egyptian ‘s government schemes in developing small and medium sized enterprises through transferring both technical and administrative knowledge from Germany.
- Inception, negotiation and follow up on economic cooperation programs on both bilateral and multilateral levels;
- Driving the increase of exports to the global marketplace and promoting direct and portfolio foreign investments; and
- Representing Egypt’s trade interest with competent authorities, and organizations in Germany.